Wednesday, December 29, 2010

There's nothing quite like the smell of a fresh blog with my tea in the morning.

Hi, I'm Lindsey, and I'm morbidly obese :)  I live in Mississippi, where the state bird is fried chicken (no, actually it's the Mockingbird, but KFC extra-crispy is a close second)

This page is about starting over and sticking to what I know best: food. Today I set forth on a lifelong journey towards health and wellness <finally!> and I want to bring you along for the ride! The quest begins with a 36 hour water-only fast to kick off a vegan, eventually raw vegan, lifestyle change.

My Stats
Age: 19
Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 261.5  (OHMYGAWD!!!)

I realize how nauseating that is, trust me, I look at it everyday; but that's why we're here, because I'm changing things once and for all! I'll be posing pictures (but no befores until the afters don't make small children cry) recipes, rants, and the occasional non-health related article.
Please feel free to share your thoughts, experiences, and support in and follow me on twitter @love_546!

But please, no negativity :)

Blessings!
Lindsey B.

3 comments:

  1. I think that its absolutely great. Your doing soemthing that everyone should at least try to do. How's it going so far? Is the detox process that bad? I have really been thinking about detoxing my body but I would have to eat vegetables or something becaus I am a diabetic and take meds for it. GOOD LUCK !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!! :) The detox turned out not to be the best thing I've tried as far as results but I feel 200% better. Perhaps for you just raw fruits and vegetables and lots of water? I imagine that would do wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure it would be amazing for me. Have you ever looked up rawveggies diet? The pictures of what people look like before and after is amazing. I would have the hardest trouble not eating chicken. Grilled Chicken is my favorite favorite favorite. But I commend you for your hard work. When I was your age my weight was exactly the same as yours. When my grandmother died I went into depression really bad and gain 80 pounds or so. Thats been 2 years ago. Needless to say my pitty party is over and I definately regret it now but at the time I was lost or I felt like I was. Definately ready to pick myself up and dust myself off !!!!

    ReplyDelete